Fresh breads are the best. Using any bread recipe, these fresh garlic knots are simply, addictive. Precursor to any dinner.
Bread dough for 1 loaf (premix or any bread recipe)
Olive oil 1/4 cup
Fresh Parsley & Basil chopped 1/4 cup
Parmesan 1/2 cup
Garlic 3 cloves minced
Salt (ideally crunchy salt flakes)
- Knead 1 loaf/batch dough and divide into balls
- Roll into long logs (about 6 cm), dip into olive oil and tie them in a knot (and can you tie them in a bow.. kidding 🙂 )
- Tuck both ends under the knot ( and push the bottom up a little so lovely folds pop up)
- Brush with toppings
- Proof buns until they double in size (30-40c steam for about 20 mins)
- Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 20 mins. Until you get the desired browning
- Brush with a little more melted butter if desired and sprinkle salt flakes
I will be surprised if half isn’t gone before dinner .. and do your ears hang low.. kidding kidding..