Ovens looking like this all the time? Sure can! Even if you were to use it for breakfast, lunch & dinner, 365 days, like I do. 8 years into combisteaming, and it sparkles still, ( if I choose to LoL). OK, zoom in and traces of scratches are visible. This is typical of an impatient commercial baker/cook. Hands off stainless steel/metal scouring pad, people!
Try the environment friendly method first.
Method 1: Steam cleaning
- Steam 70c for half an hour,
- let cool and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Rinse cloth and wipe again.
- Stains generally come off.
- If you have some stubborn stains left behind, repeat.
Method 2: oven cleaner
- steam 70c for 15 mins
- let cool and wipe with a damp cloth
- apply oven cleaner, steam 70c for 30 mins.
- wipe cleaner off (use rags and discard)
- steam 70c for 30 mins (more stains will come off)
- wipe again, to remove traces of cleaner
I use method 2, usually. While most oven cleaners work, I like Australian made, Selleys gel oven cleaner. Comes attached with a silicone brush, and gel sticks to walls well.
I hear eco friendly methods being used, like baking soda and vinegar. If it works for you, well done. To each his own 😉
Mine looks like this most times.. LoL