Cute, mini jacket potatoes. A MUST addition to finger foods. Effortless, almost.
16 mini potatoes (get red, purple potatoes too!)
1 tablespoon Olive oil (optional)
2 rashers thick sliced streaky bacon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 bunch fresh chives (finely diced) Leave some for topping
1/2 tsp olive oil
salt, pepper, lemon rind
- Wash potatoes, drain well
- Slice a little piece off the bottom so potatoes stand sturdy
- Place potatoes in a large ziplock bag with olive oil & salt, massage to coat
- Stand potatoes on baking pan and roast on BakeOmatic ‘baked potatoes – medium brown’ or manually on ‘hot air steam 230c (convection full steam) for half an hour.
- Remove potatoes and let cool.
- Continue in hot oven and set to Hot air steam 230c (convection full steam). Place bacon rashers onto a lined tray and grill for 6 mins. Let cool and snip into small pieces with scissors.
- Snip a deep cross on top of each potato with the scissors and squeeze the bottom up so the top opens up slightly. Make a tiny well with the tip of the scissors for filling.
- Mix filling well and place into a zip lock bag.
- Snip a hole in the corner of the zip lock bag and squeeze filling onto the top of each potato
- Top potatoes with diced bacon and extra chives
Add extra/omit ingredients to make it your own. Like roasted corn kernels, roasted pepitas/almond.. anything crunchy 🙂