Cream puff, Choux pastry or Profiteroles are light and fluffy dessert with creamy sweet or savoury fillings. You choose. They are made the same way except Profiteroles are frozen and usually coated with chocolate.
Cream puff with corn custard is what I grew up on and isn’t very sweet. And yes you can’t stop at one. Here’s a super easy recipe..
200 ml milk
100 ml water
pinch of salt
1 1/3 cups flour
Corn custard filling
Store bought custard premix powder.
- Bring first part to a boil; milk,water, butter and salt.
- Switch stove off.
- Add flour immediately and whisk (quickly) until smooth
- Let cool a little and whisk in eggs one at a time
- Put ingredients into a piping bag and pipe rosettes onto the baking sheet
- Or, use an ice cream scoop to make dollops of medium sized balls on baking sheet
- Preheat oven on Hot Air humid (convection) at 160c and bake for 25 mins
- Let cool. Snip top half off (partly or whole) and fill with custard or whip cream
Using store bought custard premix, opt for thick custard recipe on package. Then add a can of cream corn at the end.