Here’s an inspiration to bake bread. Home baking goodness, fresh from the oven fruit bread is a true gift..
2 1/2 cups flour
1 pack dried yeast (7g or 2 tsp)
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp honey/maple syrup/sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 orange zest
20g butter (room temperature)
2 cups raisins, chopped dates & apricots, halved cherries mix, soaked in hot water for 10 mins and drained
- Add butter to milk and LIGHTLY warm (to room temperature) on the cooktop (stick finger into the liquid- it is ready when you neither feel cold nor warm)
- All ingredients (except fruits) go into the mixer. Mix (using dough hook) for 10 mins
- Adjust dough – a bit more flour if too sticky
- Add fruits (quick swirl)
- Allow dough to rest for 10 mins
- Flour surface and form braid
- Proof dough in the combisteam oven – on Professional Bake proof 40c (or steam 40c) for half an hour or until dough doubles in size
- Brush top with egg yoke (optional) and bake on BakeOmatic plaited bread or hot air humid 170c for about 20+ mins (until it browns to your liking)
Drizzle top with icing sugar and (a few drops) orange juice mix (optional).
Spread butter on slices and watch everyone come back for seconds.. and thirds..