The answer to salad meals on the run. Use these wraps to bundle up salads and leftover meats with sauces. So light, so versatile.
Or if you like, here is a typical Vietnamese rice paper roll recipe..
Vietnamese rice paper rolls
Rice noodles (soaked in cold water until slightly soft)
Shredded carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, mushroom, spinach, tomatoes, lettuce etc
Sweet chilli sauce
- Steam at 100c, pre soaked rice noodles for 5 minutes. Marinate with fish sauce and sesame oil
- Slice mushrooms, seasoned with salt & olive oil and grill on hot air steam 230c for 6 mins or pan fry (or use them raw)
- To assemble, soak paper rolls individually, one at a time, for about a minute or until slightly soft (not too soft!)
- Drain, and spread sweet chilli sauce and fill with ingredients, starting with rice noodles.
- End with meat, preferably prawns (because the color is bright and appetising)
- Top with some fried onions (ready fried ones will do)
- Roll them up and if not eating immediately, plastic wrap them and keep in the fridge.