A popular, traditional Asian dessert known as Cassava Cake, Tapioca cake, ,Bingka Ubi Kayu, ‘Banh Khoai’ etc depending on where you met your acquaintance. Made from the cassava root, same origin as your potatoes (underground 😉 Here is the simplest* recipe ever, made for your combisteamer. You’ld be surprise at the sweet aroma while baking, coming from a root plant..
450g grated or minced Cassava or Tapioca (get it frozen from the Asian grocer)
225 ml coconut cream (cream, not milk)
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp flour
pinch of salt
- Thaw frozen grated cassava/tapioca.
- Mix everything well.
- Bake on BakeOmatic Loaf cake – well brown or BakeOmatic Torte – well brown or Hot air Humid/convection 180c, for 45 mins (if requested, low or 20% steam)
- Optional – brush top with melted butter for a bit of gloss/shine
- On its own, it is pretty delicious although some recipes call for a layer of custard topping
- Optional glaze – After baking sprinkle sugar over the top and burn the sugar with a torch for a brûlée finish
*simplicity is the ultimate sophistication..