Delicious, unique and easy to prepare canape, packed with a crispy coating of delicate noodles. Absolutely to die for ..
20 medium size fresh prawns, tail on
1 pack Kataifi** noodles
1/4c Cooking oil (canola/grapeseed/sunflower/vege)
- Leave Kataifi noodles out at room temperature for about an hour.
- Place Kataifi on an oven baking tray, mix noodles with cooking oil
- Pull about 6″ length Kataifi, gently roll them into long, semi loose* ropes and wrap Kataifi around the prawn (starting from the tail end)
- Grill the Kataifi prawns in a preheated oven on Hot Air Steam 230c (combi steam 230c + full steam) for about 10 mins until brown
- To serve, top with spiced mayo and herbs
*Not too tight ropes or the middle of the noodles won’t crisp
**Buy Kataifi from gourmet grocers. Regular supermarkets may not carry them