Need a quick snack to impress your visitor? How about a fruit tart made with fresh fruits and a splash of maple syrup?
Quick, pretty and of course, super easy and Aw rooty!
Fresh fruits sliced thin (fruits of the season – peaches, plum, nectarines, mangoes, strawberries, etc)
Demerara sugar (raw sugar or coarse sugar ok)
Icing powder (in a dispenser – have one ready always)
- Cut pastry sheet into squares
- Slice fruits thin, width to fit the pastry squares, leaving the border frames untouched
- Sprinkle demerara sugar over pastries
- Place tray into the oven and select ‘professional bake-puff pastry’ on 200c for 25 mins, or until brown. Or, spray mist over pastries just before putting tray into a preheated 200c oven and bake for about 22 mins or until brown.
- When done, drizzle maple syrup over tarts and dust with icing sugar