Who knew? That peels make super crispy chips! Non fiberous. Simply silky smooth crisps..
3 tsps sugar
1 tsp salt
Optional – cinnamon powder
- Add salt to a big bowl of water
- Using a peeler, peel long strips of rind. Go diagonal for smaller apples. Drop them into salt water
- Use colander to drain the peels
- Add sugar to the peels and mix well in the bowl
- Spread peels in single layers, onto as many trays as you need.
- Dehydrate on hot air 140c for 50 mins
Lower temperatures will allow the bright apple colors to shine through. Simply extend dehydrating time.