Jewel, just because it is haute couture, like something off the (kitchen) runway. So pretty. Spanish chorizo, spinach and ricotta frittata.
Frittata is a crustless quiche, Italian by origin, and it means ‘fried’. Who knew..
This is one recipe you can whip up, and relax while the #combisteam oven churns out perfect art. A party favorite.
1 Chorizo sausage, cubed (Get the prepackaged ‘real’ chorizo. Not from deli)
15 sage leaves, chopped (or a ‘packet’ from the supermarket)
2 cloves garlic (optional)
1 small onion (optional)
2 cups baby spinach (more is fine. Thawed & drained from frozen ok too)
8 large eggs
250 ml whipping cream
1/4 cup parmesan
1. Spray casserole dish with oil
2. Brown first third of the ingredients on quick high heat
3. Turn heat off, mix in spinach (to wilt)
4. Spread ingredients into a casserole dish
5. Whisk eggs and cream
6. Add salt & pepper
7. Pour into casserole dish
8. Scoop spoonfuls of ricotta over mix
9. Sprinkle shredded parmesan
10.Bake on BakeOmatic souffle, medium brown or, hot air humid 190c for 35 mins.