Classic Indian cuisine. Vadai, a vegetarian snack, deep fried on the Induction cooktop. A savoury donut made with lentils and a must, with Coconut Chutney. Make a large batch and simply Regenerate Crispy #combisteam a few, when you need a fix 😉
500g Dahl (Chana/Urad dried grains)
1 table spoon Fennel seeds
1/2 cup Curry leaves
1. Soak Dahl grains for 2 hours minimum, at room temperature
2. Finely dice onion, chilli & curry leaves
3. Drain Dahl grains and blend about 80%, leaving some coarse grains for texture
4. Let sit in room temperature for 1 hour (to rest/ferment)
5. Mix all ingredients
6. Use an ice cream scoop to portion and wet hands to shape
7. Deep fry
Blend dehydrated coconut, garlic, a few roasted Dahl grains, cumin seeds, salt & chilli with a little water to form a thick paste.
Serve topped with pan fried, in a little oil, mustard seeds, chilli, dahl & curry leaves.