Delicious, slow roasted Chinese BBQ pork (Char Siu) made in your combi steamer. The easiest recipe you’ll ever find.
Hoisin sauce 240g / small jar (A sweet, thick marinate in a glass jar, from the Asian grocer)
Pinch of salt
Brown sugar optional
- Marinate pork shoulder with the whole jar of Hoisin sauce and salt overnight
- Remove pork and place onto a lined baking tray
- Save sauce in the fridge
- Insert thermometer probe into the thickest part of the pork, choose Soft Roasting-seared-Neck of Pork (select desired time 2:30 – 4:30 hours)
- When pork is almost done, heat up sauce over cooktop to a boil and then simmer (add extra brown sugar if desired)
- Pour sauce into a bowl and place cooked pork into the pot to brown a little (in the left over sauce)
- Slice pork thinly. Serve over steamed jasmine rice with some sliced cucumber or steamed greens. Pour sauce over pork.
Bon Appetit .