SWIM NEMO, SWIM !
So, how about some real Chinese dumplings?
The ingredient list is rather long but you’ll get the taste of ‘authentic’. Short cuts are available on this site (search ‘Asian dumplings’)
1 pack dumpling wrappers (or make your own : https://combisteamcooking.com.au/?s=dumpling)
250g regular minced pork
6 prawns, raw & diced
3-4 shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried – soak & dice)
2 stalks green onions (diced)
2 leaves cabbage (diced)
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon fish sauce (or salt)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese wine (or Sake, white wine or vinegar)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon corn flour
- Put on disposable gloves and massage mix well
- Let sit in fridge for 30 mins (or save for next day)
- Use a small ice cream scoop and place a dollop onto the center of the wrapper
- Wet perimeter of dumpling and fold (make fun folds!)
- Steam 100c for 12 mins (prettier if you lightly brush on some sesame oil and let dumplings sit on whole chinese cabbage leaves)
- Serve with a soy+ sweet chilli dipping sauce
Totally freezable. If frozen, steam for 15 mins.