Crazy because every loaf is a surprise, versatile as it takes on any ingredient and just simply, loads of fun!
Antipasto braid is a starter to a meal. So go ahead and adapt the recipe with what you have in the fridge.
- 4 cups flour
- 1.5 cups water (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 small sachet dried yeast (7g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps Olive oil / melted butter
- cheese (Bocconcini or equivalent)
- 400g Aritchoke hearts (jar)
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Olives
- 1 roasted red Capsicum (sliced julienne and roasted, and then cut into squares)
- Basil pesto
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- Parmesan, shredded
- salt flakes
- Place bread ingredients into mixer and using dough hook, mix on low, for 10 mins
- Round dough up, rub on olive oil and let dough sit on lined baking tray.
- Proof dough on Professional Bake – proofing, (or manually steam) at 38c for 30 mins or until dough doubles in size
- Flatten dough on the same baking pan, with dough almost touching pan’s sides
- Spread filling on the dough, starting with a layer of basil pesto. Roll up dough like swiss roll cake/ log, pulling the dough firmly towards you each time
- Seal both ends by pinching and tucking the dough under
- Top log with salt flakes and shredded parmesan
- Bake on Professional Bake program, 220c for 35 mins. Start in a cold oven. No preheating necessary.
- Let cool before slicing
Optional dipping sauce – olive oil plus 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper